Oral Certifying Examination
Oral Exam Application Documents
Oral Examination Dates
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, MD
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Atlanta, GA
Eligibility for the Oral Certifying Examination
- The candidate for the oral certifying examination must have satisfactorily completed the written qualifying examination.
- The candidate must submit an AOBS oral examination application to take the oral certifying examination.
- Candidates must submit a copy of their active medical license.
- Current AOA membership is required.
- The candidate shall demonstrate eligibility for the examination in any other manner required by the Board.
- Candidates entering the certification process for the first time after January 1, 2006 must have achieved program complete status from the Specialty College, and all the documentation requested at the time of original application submission MUST be in the candidate’s file, PRIOR TO ENTERING THE FINAL PHASE OF CERTIFICATION.